If you have any questions or concerns regarding your water bill, please contact the City Office at (605) 337-3921.
Water/Sewer bills are distributed monthly and are to be paid in full by the 15th of each month. After the 15th of the month, a $3 late fee will be accessed. Consumers with a delinquent balance may be disconnected, according to the 2008 Municipal Ordinance.
Water/Sewer Service or Disconnect
Applying For Service
- Application for service must be completed
- Deposit Fees
- Homeowner – $100.00
- Renter – $150.00
- Connection Fee – $25.00
Deposit will be returned when:
- Account is PAID IN FULL
- Deposit will only be returned to person who signed for the water deposit
The City of Platte accepts cash, check, money order and automatic bill pay as payment methods. Credit cards are not accepted by the City at this time.
Payment may be brought to the City Office Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or placed in the drop box on the outside of the building.
City of Platte
PO Box 236
Platte, SD 57369
Automatic Payment Plan
Water/sewer bills may be paid through an automatic debiting of your checking or savings account. To enroll in the automatic bill payment program, return an authorization form along with a voided check. An authorization form can be picked up at the City Office. Draft payments are processed on the 10th of each month.
Water & Sewer Rates
Basic rate to have water & sewer service each month
Sewer rates are as follows:
- Residential – Single Family $35.00 Base
- Residential – Multiple Occupancy $45.00 Base
- Commercial $35.00 Base
- Commercial/Industrial – High Volume Sewer Usage $45.00 Base
- Sewer Only – Outside City Limits $45.00 Base
- Water rates are as follows:
- Residential Water Rate $20.00 Base
- Water Only Inside City $20.00 Base
- Commercial Water Rate $20.00 Base
- Multiple Use Dwellings $20.00 Base
- Water Only Outside City $20.00 Base